CHILLED CUCUMBER SOUP RECIPE
- 4 Large Cucumbers: peeled, lightly salted, left to purge for 30 min, drain excess water
- 1/2 Large White Onion •1 Qt. Non-Fat Plain Yogurt
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- Handful of Fresh Mint
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 3 Whole Lemons
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
Blend together in a blender: Cucumbers, Onion, Garlic Cloves •Place blended items in large mixing bowl •Mix in Yogurt, Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, Buttermilk •Salt & Pepper to Taste •Chill for 30 min, serve cold Makes 1 Gallon Keep Refrigerated Holds up to 4 days
ROSEMARY CUCUMBER AND TEA INFUSED GIN AND TONIC RECIPE
- Make a simple syrup rosemary hot tea (equal weight sugar and hot water with a tea bag and sprig of Rosemary) and set aside to cool.
- Muddle 4 slices (diced) cucumber in bottom of glass and then add ice.
- Add 2 oz gin (Hendricks works best with Rosemary) , 1oz of the previously made simple syrup and 4 oz Tonic
- Pour into another glass and then back to the original glass to mix.
- Garnish with a cucumber slice
There are wonderful cucumber recipes. Get creative, try one of our recipes above and share with us what worked!