It is time to get your calendar out and mark these special days and events here at L’Auberge Provencale. Accommodations are available for our special events and advanced reservations are recommended. Join us and celebrate events in Northern Virginia Wine Country and the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. Book early as these dates will fill up quickly!
February is For Lovers
Join us for a romantic evening or overnight getaway with the one you love! February 10th-19th, we will be featuring a special 4-Course Dinner Menu and a spectacular Chef’s Tasting Menu in honor of Valentine’s Day. We’ll also be offering a 3-Course Brunch Menu, in addition to our a la carte options, on Sunday, February 12th & 19th!
- Four Course Dinner Menu – $165 per person
- Valentine’s Chef’s Tasting Menu for Two – $225 per person
- Three Course Brunch Menu – $95 per person
Seatings are sure to book quickly, so call (540) 837-1375 or click below to make your reservation today!
*Please note our restaurant will be closed Monday, February 13th, but open on Valentine’s Day February 14th. Dinner reservations during this timeframe require a $75 deposit per person, and if the reservation is canceled within 72 hours of the reservation date there will be a $50 cancellation fee per person.
Winter Cooking Classes
Join us in the kitchen this winter to brush up on your cooking skills with Chef Stephen! Our small class sizes allow for a truly hands-on experience and include dinner and wine tastings and optional keepsakes. We’ll begin each session with a meet and greet at 10:30 am, with the class starting promptly at 11 am.
See Class Options, Schedule & Menus
Each class will offer 3 options for participation levels:
Bronze | $295.00 per person, excludes gratuity & taxes
Includes hands-on cooking class, take away from the class, dinner and wine pairing
Silver | $335.00 per person, excludes gratuity & taxes
Includes hands-on cooking class, dinner, wine pairing, cooking class takeaway, L’auberge coffee mug, our special blend of locally roasted coffee
Gold | $385.00 per person, excludes gratuity & taxes
Includes hands-on cooking class, dinner, wine pairing, cooking class takeaway, L’auberge coffee mug, our special blend of locally roasted coffee, and our “team” L’auberge custom apron
Winter Cooking Class Schedule & Menus:
Plat du Jour | Saturday, January 28, 2023
- Grazing boards, how to arrange and prepare marinated cheese, marinated olives, chutney, cheese, charcuterie
- Mougin olive tarlets, olives, anchovies, sauteed onion, fresh thyme-
- Fish en papillote, compound butters, lemon, herbs
- Dark chocolate/grand marnier souflee
- Wines from the rhone and south of France
A Trip to Italy | Saturday, February 25, 2023
- Antipasta- pickled vegetable gardiniere, house made ricotta, bagna cauda
- Tempura ocopus, sauce pesto
- Gargenelli pasta, wild mushroom, truffles, poached farm egg
- Wines of Italy
French Farmhouse | Saturday, March 25, 2023
- Farmhouse larder: learn to make chutney, pickled vegetables, infused vinegars, infused olive oil
- Tuna tartare facon du chef, tomato, olives, citrus, chopped egg, sun dried tomato vinaigrette
- Seared foie gras – bread pudding, ranier cherry gastrique, pistachio
- Pot au feu – mushroom caps, tournee potatoes, beer jus, seasonal vegetables
- Local wagyu sirloin with charred vegetable coating
- Cannelés de Bordeaux
- Wines of Bordeaux
Want to learn more about what foods and resources the beautiful Shenandoah Valley provides? Join us for one of our upcoming Foraging Classes and explore Ox-Bow Farm with Master forager Clay Morris and collect seasonal wild finds. Chef Stephen Burke and Clay Morris will show you what culinary creations you can make utilizing what you collected and heirloom regional varieties. These classes will incorporate heirloom produce from our gardens and local farms and the way their unique flavors can be used in culinary creations.
See Class Dates & Themes
These unique classes include instruction on foraging, cooking, and the utilization of wild produce, as well as an afternoon dinner and wine pairing. Be sure to book the class, and your favorite B&B room, well in advance as they are sure to be popular, and space is limited!
$395.00 per person, lodging, tax, and gratuities not included. Lodging must be booked separately.
Late Spring | May 6th, 2023
- 11:00 am – Forage
- 1:00 pm – Class: Historical Recipes
- 3:00 pm – Dinner
- Possible Forage Finds: Leafy Greens, Tubers, Dandelions, Garlic Mustard, Ramps, Morels, Cress, Stinging Nettles
Summer | July 22nd, 2023
- 11:00 am – Forage
- 1:00 pm – Class: Cocktails and Historical Recipes
- 3:00 pm – Dinner
- Possible Forage Finds: Elderberries, Cat Tails, Blackberries, Wine Berries, Rabbit Tobacco
Fall | November 4th, 2023
- 11:00am- Forage
- 1:00pm- Class: Getting Ready for Winter
- Possible Forage Finds: Chicken of the Woods, Puff Ball Mushrooms, Hickory Nuts, Queen Anne Lace, Water Chestnuts, Black Walnuts
*Please note, due to of the nature of the class, dietary restrictions may not be able to be accommodated for the dinner. Forage finds will depend on the progression of the year in a wild setting.
Sunday Brunch at L’Auberge
Sundays | 11:30am – 2:00pm
Join us for brunch and enjoy sophisticated cuisine and brasserie fare made from the freshest farm-to-table ingredients. From our famous L’auberge Burger to the classic Eggs Benedict, we have something on the menu to please everyone. Not to mention our $29 Bottomless Mimosas and Bloody Mary Bar. Enjoy the warm weather and gorgeous views on our porch, patio, or dining room.
Friday Night Jazz!
Every Friday evening from 6:30pm to 8:30pm we will be having some fantastic local musicians come out and play jazz. Featuring award-winning pianist Szymon Czerniak who is currently studying under John O’Conor, a world-renown pianist. Szymon has toured in both the United States and Europe. Bassists and Sax Players sometimes make appearances as well.
- Live Music
- Cocktails & Bar Snacks available
Szymon Czerniak Biography
American born Polish pianist, Szymon Czerniak, has been hailed for his “brilliant technique, extraordinary energy, and strength in interpretation (Kourier Szczecinski).” Szymon was awarded a Cultural Arts Scholarship by the Koszczisko Foundation in New York to study in Poland under the direction of Katarzyna Popowa-Zydron at the Academy of Music in Bydgoszcz. Currently, Szymon serves as a graduate assistant at Shenandoah University in Winchester, Virginia, while completing his doctorate in Musical Arts with renowned pianist John O’Conor. Szymon holds a BA in Musical Arts from University of Houston, and Master’s degree from the Manhattan School of Music in New York.
In addition to performing in concert venues as a soloist throughout the United States, Poland, Italy, and France, Szymon is also an avid collaborative artist, regularly accompanying chamber musicians, orchestras, and vocalists. Szymon is also a devoted performer in the genre of jazz, performing regularly throughout Texas with his jazz ensemble, The Simon Aleksander Quintet. In the world of jazz, Szymon has collaborated with artists such as Randy Brecker, Allen Vizzutti, Will Kennedy of the Yellow Jackets, Glen Ackerman, and Sal Capone, among others. In addition to his studies in music and performing arts, Szymon also holds a degree in Political Science from the prestigious Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas.