Monday June 4, 2018-Sunday June 10, 2018
An iconic summertime event and part of the fabric of American Horse sport, the Upperville Horse show dates back to 1853. Before this horses were show at country and state fairs and livestock shows but there was no competitive horse events. Colonel Dulaney of Wellbourne started the show as a way to encourage better care of horses after he rescued a struggling colt. Continue reading »
There is no better time to visit the Shenandoah Valley and experience exceptional wine, than in the spring! It is a great time to discover why the Wine Enthusiast named Virginia one of the 10 Best Wine Travel Destinations in the world. With our breathtaking vistas and scenic back roads each turn brings a new adventure. In one afternoon you can go from mountains, to rolling vineyards to picturesque horse farms and visit some of the best winemakers around. One thing is always a constant..a warm southern style welcome. You can sip on stunning Viogniers, or try our world class Cabernet Franc. This is Virginia and this is how we are! Continue reading »
We’re so excited that spring is in bloom, and so is our garden, which is coming along nicely thanks to our friendly staff. We’ve got seeds planted in a hot house with our Sous Chef, Brian Volmrich, who is also already supplying us with micro greens for use in our award winning Northern Virginia restaurant. Brian’s current greenhouse was nearly destroyed by the wind storms in early March but has been patched up enough for us to get a good start to the growing season. Brian has also taken this as an opportunity to build a bigger and better greenhouse with help from the Agriculture Dept. of Virginia, so we can really scale up our gardens and summer produce production. There’s always so much to look forward to at our quaint inn and restaurant in the Shenandoah Valley, and this season is no exception. Continue reading »
Just for fun we started a “Happy Hour” at the fun-tastic “Le Bar” here at our romantic Virginia bed and breakfast. From 4:00-6:00pm every Friday night, our Happy Hour in northern Virginia will be featuring local brewers, distillers and wine makers. Enjoy the featured drinks along side seasonal bites of great food by our experienced chefs.
Our first happy hour we featured Catoctin Creek Gin and Rye Whiskey from Purcellville, Virginia and a beer flight tasting from Alesatian Brewery of Winchester. Served with some craft bites, bar bites and Premium Bites, this is a great opportunity to try some of our chef’s fare and some featured cocktails, wine and beers.
Some of the delicious choices that will whet your appetite alongside some great brews to wet your whistle:
- Pork Belly Sliders
- Shrimp Croquettes
- Artisian Winter Flat breads
- Duck Hummus with Pita
- Alesatian Beer Batter Onion Rings
In the future, we will be inviting many cideries, distillers and winemakers to join us for our Happy Hour in northern Virginia on Friday nights. Stay tuned, or visit our Facebook page and like us to keep informed about who will be joining us in the future. This is a super fun way to unwind after a week of work and join your friends for a couple hours of camaraderie, convivial conversation and great eats and drinks.
Why not turn our Happy Hour into the perfect date night? On Friday evening, enjoy delicious food and drinks at our bar. Then, finish the out the night in one of our romantic rooms or suites and wake the next morning to complimentary gourmet breakfast. Reserve a room at our Virginia bed and breakfast for your next romantic date night by booking now.
It is that time of year when love is starting to bloom and soon the wedding season will be upon us. At our lovely Shenandoah Valley bed and breakfast, we specialize in small, intimate weddings. From exquisite elopements to small family gatherings we have the perfect venue for our brides with a lovely setting, superb food, and fantastic service.
We take care of all the plans from flowers, to music, to photos, even to carriage rides. Or you can assist in planning your dream wedding with one of our professional wedding planners. We strive to make the planning of your wedding as stress free as possible, so you can not only enjoy your wedding day, but the process of getting there.
L’auberge Provencale Wedding Reviews
“The wedding exceeded our expectations, everything was wonderful. The food was incredible and the service top notch.”
“You created an atmosphere and experience that is second to none.”
“Your professionalism, organization, attention to detail, and quick-thinking are qualities we greatly appreciated. You helped to make a potentially stressful and crazy weekend one filled with fun, laughter and love. Your knowledge and experience helped us tremendously.”
Start the first day of your new lives with a magical wedding. Whether you are looking to run away, just the two of you, or have an intimate family wedding for up to 50 people, plan your special day at our romantic small wedding venue in Virginia.
We know how to make every wedding unique and individual and a day to remember always.
Plan Your Northern Virginia Small Wedding Today
Fill out our wedding information request form or give us a call for more information to talk with one of our wedding planners. Call 540-837-1375 today.
Our Shenandoah Valley bed and breakfast provides the perfect escape for weekend getaways from Charlotte, NC, and other nearby North Carolina cities like Raleigh and Durham.
Have an Adventure, or Relax and Unwind
Get a picnic to go and head out for a day of wine tours and tasting in lush and beautiful Virginia Wine Country. Take in the rich history and culture of the surrounding area at historic homes and museums, as well as battlefields and civil war sites. Shop ’til you drop at antique stores and premier boutiques with the latest styles. It’s a challenge to narrow down your weekend plans with so many things to do. Or just relax and let the stress of daily life slip away as you stroll through the gardens.
Indulge Your Senses
Enhance your stay for a special occasion, or just spoil yourself with one of our romantic specials, adventurous packages or decadent indulgences.
Wine & Dine
Don’t miss an unforgettable gourmet dinner at our award-winning restaurant, La Table Provencale, a true farm to table experience featuring ingredients from local farms and our own backyard.
Drift Off to Sleep
Fall into a plush bed in your luxurious room after a day full of adventure and wake up to a sumptuous gourmet breakfast with main course choices including Apple Wood Smoked Bacon, Roasted Duck Breast with Herb Demi, Egg Towers or Cherry Crepes With Minted Maple Syrup.
Book your stay at L’Auberge Provençale today and plan the perfect weekend getaway!
The fall is the time to visit the Shenandoah Valley and our romantic Virginia bed and breakfast and celebrate the harvest season. The warm days, and crisp nights and the first of the season crackling of the fireplaces make this the best time of the year. We have two great seasonal overnight specials.
The Two Night Harvest Repast Special is certainly the favorite. Arrive at your room or suite with 6 chocolate strawberries awaiting you. Snuggle up together and one night we will deliver to your room a Harvest Repast:
- Provencale Garden Pesto Soup
- An array of Artisan Cheese and Accoutrements
- Southern Fried Chicken
- Shenandoah Seasonal Fall Salad
- Spiced Apple Cake
- French Bread
- Bottle of Red or White Wine
The next evening dine in our destination restaurant La Table off our four or five course menu or our Chef’s tasting menu and enjoy a $100 credit towards your dinner. Of course, two of our signature breakfasts are included each morning. As a parting gift we will send you home with a jar of our orchard jam or chutney. And all that for only $285 added to your room rate.
While you’re here at the inn get out in the country and enjoy the weather hiking the Blue Ridge, or horseback riding through the pastures of the valley. Zip lining through the treetops bursting with fall color. Or perhaps just enjoy a nice couples massage in the comfort of your suite.
Only have one night? Our Virginia Wine Crush special is just the ticket to a relaxing one day escape. Included in the package:
- Bottle of Virginia Wine and Virginia Artisan Cheese in your room on arrival
- Fall Bouquet of Flowers in your room or suite
- Wine tour map for self-guided tours
- Tasting certificate for 2 to a local Virginia Award Winning Winery
- Wine Tour picnic to take along with you on your Vineyard Trail
- Our signature gourmet breakfast
- A La Table Wine Lovers Apron to take with you home to remember your fun wine escape!
Only 195.00 added to your room or suite.
Don’t forget to pick up some local apples and carving pumpkins at our farmers markets before all the ghosts and goblins gobble them up!
Spending time at our Shenandoah Valley bed and breakfast shouldn’t just be about our comfortable rooms, incredible farm-to-table dining, and luxurious grounds with gardens and a pool… it should also give you an immersive experience you can’t get anywhere else! Whether your Virginia retreat style is fancy and fabulous like our Weekend Wine Excursion or totally brave and bold like our Adventure Day, we have just what you’ll love. Check it out!
Weekend Wine Excursion
- 10:30am | Arrive at the inn and savor Café au Lait and a delectable croissant.
- 11:00-3:00pm | Let us drive you in comfort and style on a weekend Virginia wine tour with one of our wine directors, sommelier, or Chef to local top wineries in the Virgina wine country. Bring along a “Wine Tour Survival Kit” (Everything you need to survive the tour like food, glasses, and a tote) You keep the custom L’Auberge Provencale cooler!
- 3:30-4:00pm | Return to the Inn, check into your room, and take some time to enjoy the grounds. Take a nap or visit the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley and the walking mall of downtown Winchester.
- 7:00pm | End your lovely day by enjoying a 100.00 credit for dinner in our Le Bar Bistro style restaurant or our farm to table fine dining restaurant featuring the best of the summer season. The choice is yours!
$450.00 added to the room rate
Package available Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Not to be combined with any other specials or promotions. No third party gift certificates.
- 8:00am | Continental Breakfast will be delivered to your room.
- 9:00am | Leave the inn.
- 9:30am | Head out for horseback riding at Rocking S Ranch or Highlander Horses. It’s one of the most fun and romantic ways to take in the gorgeous Virginia views.
- 12:00pm | We will pack you a gourmet Picnic lunch in our L’Auberge Provencale market tote to enjoy at your leisure.
- 1:00 | Continue your day of adventure with Kayaking or White-Water Rafting in Harpers Ferry at River Riders.
- 4:30pm | Return to the inn.5:00pm | Wind down after a fun filled day with a one hour Couples massage in room. Let the stress of every day life melt away and relax.6:30pm | Gourmet Repast with a bottle of red or white wine will be delivered to your room to be enjoyed en suite or anywhere on the grounds, depending on the weather.
- Thermos of Provencale Pesto Soup
- Shenandoah Seasonal Salad
- Cold Southern Fried Chicken
- French Bread
- Seasonal Fruit Tartlets
- Bottle of Red or White Wine
$495.00 added to the room rate
Available 7 days a week. Not to be combined with any other specials or promotions. No third party gift certificates.
The fall season is a wonderful time to get away and experience a new place (or one you love and wish to return to)! Shenandoah Valley is the perfect place. Take in the gorgeous scenery, the cooler weather, the slow change in the season, and of course, activities and attractions that entertain all those looking for a fun and magical Virginia fall experience. Whether your idea of experiencing fall includes art, wine, food, outdoor fun, or all of the above, we have it in Virginia! Here’s a taste of what you have to look forward to.
- The Festival of Leaves in Front Royal – This fall festival will be October 14, 2017, 9:00am to 6:00pm. Come on out, rain or shine, and enjoy historical displays, arts and crafts, vendors, concessions, live entertainment, and more, all in downtown Front Royal. Be sure to also visit Heritage Square on the Warren Heritage Society grounds for special demonstrations on history and unique craft sales.
- Wine Crushing – Embrace your childlike spirit and get dirty with some good old fashioned wine crushing. There are many wonderful vineyards and wineries near us that offer this kind of carefree fun. Not only that, but you can also savor a fall beverage or two and try something local, authentic, and delicious in Virginia Wine Country.
- The International Gold Cup – Lovers of horses, competition, sports, and adventure, mark your calendars and come out on October 28, 2017 in The Plains. Tailgating at the Virginia Gold Cup is always a lot of fun. Tailgates each have their own unique themes, decorations, and food and drink. You can reserve tailgating spots if you’d like. There will also be a hat competition for the most popular hat! And of course, watching the actual race will be a thrill! If you have never seen a horse race at this level, it is an absolute must and an experience you won’t soon forget! Purchase tickets.
- Art at the Mill – Just minutes away from the inn you will find Art at the Mill, September 30 through October 15. Each year the Burwell-Morgan Mill in Millwood transforms into an art gallery. Come see it for yourself and enjoy the work of nearly 300 artists displaying over 1,000 unique pieces! There will be oil paintings, other painting, mixed-media, sculpture, woodworking, and pottery. There is something for everyone.
- ArborFest – This popular fall festival and plant sale will take place October 14 & 15, 9:00-4:30pm. There will be plants, fall activities, hayrides, live music, and more! Click here for more information.
Now all that’s left to do is take some time off of work and your everyday responsibilities, choose your favorite room at our Shenandoah Valley bed and breakfast, and start enjoying the fall getaway you deserve!
The Shenandoah Valley is the garden of the Washington DC area. The summer is the best time to escape the heat of the city and enjoy the cooler breezes of the Blue Ridge and enjoy the best of seasonal cuisine from Local Sources at our Virginia bed and breakfast. We all know how “swampy” it gets in DC, so run away for a short while, relax and recharge and renew your spirit.
I was walking out to the orchard and the fresh cherries are bursting on the trees. The peaches survived the frost, much to our delight and are growing lusciously alongside the Asian pears, apples, paw paws, plums and nectarines. The first of our radishes are being harvested, fresh lettuce and lots of herbs are coming from our gardens and chefs are delighting in creating cuisine fit for the product. We have prided ourselves as being in the forefront of the farm to table movement. We started our own gardens and orchards in 1981, long before it was fashionable, and have continued our commitment to the fresh and best of the season in our French inspired cuisine.
Local producers are hauling in fresh ingredients to our kitchen from fresh seasonal strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and finally heritage tomatoes, the sweet succulent stars of summer. We are happy to have a local farm, Shenandoah Seasonal, just one mile from the inn and also, Jerry’s Berries, bringing us new produce every week. We are looking forward to getting wine berries soon as well, and Barbara, our morning chef, can be seen with bubbling yummy jams and jellies waiting to be canned for the larder.
From fresh baked croissants, a wonderful aromatic jam and cafe au lait to start your day, to an evening of exquisite dining in your choice of our two fine restaurants, this is the time for the foodie in you to celebrate. And perhaps, while away the day sipping some of the best Virginia Vineyards, local craft brews, enjoying the best the season has to offer.