Escape the Ordinary and Travel to a Faraway Place… In Just About an Hour’s Time. Provence Without a Passport – An Experience Without Comparison.
Jour Un: Taste Du Vin
10:30 AM: Bienvenue to L’Auberge Provençale
- Your French country experience begins the second you drive through the stone entrance to the inn.
You will be greeted by the warm scent of fresh-baked homemade Croissants and a piping Café au Lait – our signature La Petite Dejeuner and the perfect treat to start your day. Bon Jour!
11:00 – 3:00: Chauffeured Wine Tour
- Our expert sommeliers, or chef will act as your guides as you embark on the winding country roads reminiscent of the Rhone Valley. You will taste wines from the best local wineries including Glen Manor, Linden, Arterra, and Chateau O’Brien. Just as in Provence, each winery has its own unique character and specialty.
Our Gift to You: Wine Tour Survival Kit
- Everything you need to enjoy your wine tour in quintessential French style:
- Logo wine glasses, wine opener, cheese & charcuterie with accoutrements, fresh fruit, marinated olives, baguette, wine wipes, sports beans, and Tide-To-Go all packed into one convenient cooler.
3:30 – 5:00: Wine in the Gardens
- Return to L’Auberge Provençale for check-in, then explore the grounds as you sip a glass of French Chateaux wine. In the summer, our gardens are filled with Nasturtiums, reminiscent of Monet’s Gardens in France.
Dinner: Le Bar Bistro-Style Restaurant
- Dine casually for the evening in a chic Parisian atmosphere. Our onsite bar & lounge offers sophisticated brasserie fare with the freshest farm-to-table ingredients. Pair an herb-infused cocktail with the Smoked Wagyu Sirloin or go for something lighter like our Provençale Flatbread Pizza – you really can’t go wrong!
Deuxiem Jour: Saveur Provence
8:00 – 10:00: Breakfast in the Sun Room
- Head down for breakfast at your leisure. Start with another house-baked croissant paired with fruit from the orchards. Next up is the main course – perhaps it will be cherry crepes with our very own minted maple syrup – Yum!
11:00 – 2:00: French Cooking Class with Chef Steven Ferrell
Provence is known for its use of fresh herbs and vegetable-centric cuisine. It is considered the garden of France just as the Shenandoah Valley is the garden of DC…
- Enjoy a true farm-to-table experience and gather fresh herbs and vegetables from our expansive gardens. Our chef will give you a personal tour of the grounds as you pick the very best seasonal ingredients including basil for our herb-infused olive oil and even edible flowers to add a little bit of flair!
Next, join the chef and his crew in our newly-renovated kitchen for a hands-on cooking class using the ingredients you’ve just gathered. It’s the quintessential “Mas” farmhouse experience from the South of France.
Le Delice Apres Midi: Take some time to yourselves and join us as you wish in the Salon for homemade minted lemonade, pastries and seasonal fruit from the orchard.
3:00: Couple’s Massage
- Experience the true French leisurely pace of life and unwind with a relaxing in-room couples massage. It’s just what you need to set the tone for an evening of indulgence.
5:00: Drinks and Hours d’oeuvres
- Meet in Le Bar for a local craft beer and chef’s choice hors d’oeuvres – you may even find yourself speaking is a slight accent as you are reminded of the Bistro’s Avignon home of owner Chef Alain Borel.
6:15: Dinner for 2 at La Table
As in Provence, we believe dining is more than eating, but a celebration of life.
- A stay at L’Auberge Provençale is not complete without a meal at our award-winning restaurant, La Table. We will treat you to a 6-course chef’s tasting menu with wine pairings.
Our menu changes daily as our dishes are all made with the freshest possible farm-to-table ingredients. A few of our favorites include Parisian Gnocchi, baby back lamb with ratatouille vegetables and of course dessert: rose petal ice cream made with heritage roses from our garden and served with lavender pound cake!
Troisieme Jour: Le Jour D’Aventure
8:00: Breakfast in Bed
- No need to leave your room, we will deliver warm croissants, breakfast breads, house-made jam, yogurt parfait with fresh fruit salad, café press and fresh-squeezed orange juice.
9:30-11:00: Horseback Riding
- Time for a trip to the Camargue where the cowboys reign in Provence. Enjoy the beauty of the Valley with experienced trainers and riders. As in the Camargue, you are in horse country – Virginia horse country.
11:30-12:30: Picnic Lunch
- Back at the Inn we will have a gourmet picnic lunch waiting for you! Dine in the garden surrounded by French lavender and sunflowers swinging in the breeze.
2:00-5:00: Canoe down the Shenandoah River
The emerald waters of the Verdon cut through Provence just as the Shenandoah river cuts through the Shenandoah Valley.
- Spend the afternoon out on the water with a leisurely paddle down this tranquil river as you take in views of the rolling countryside.
Dinner: Le Repas
- We will have a romantic in-room repast delivered for you to enjoy as you wish:
- Thermos of Provençale pesto vegetable soup
- Shenandoah seasonal salad with citrus vinaigrette
- Southern fried chicken
- French bread
- Seasonal fruit tartlets
- A bottle of Rosé de Provence (of course!)
Suggestion: Unwind from your exhilarating day with an aromatherapy steam shower!
Quatrieme Jour: Au Revoir Provence
9:00: Breakfast delivered to your room
- Savor one last taste of Provence with a hearty breakfast before you hit the road. Try a new homemade jam or marmalade on your croissant this morning. We have everything from peach basil and blueberry thyme to local blackberry and mint.
- Pack up the cooler from your Wine Tour Survival Kit and bid this provincial haven adieu. Until next time!