Sweet Corn Velouté With Chive Oil and Crabmeat
Our dinner guests have been raving our Chef Scott Myers selection of scrumptious summer soups!
Winey and Cheesy took the liberty to swipe a recipe from his cook book!
This crowd pleaser is sure to impress your friends and family at the dinner table tonight!
Sweet Corn Velouté
With Chive Oil and Crabmeat
- 4 Ears of Corn, shucked and taken off the Cob
- ½ Sweet Onion, small diced
- 3 Ribs of Celery, small diced
- 1 Idaho Potato, medium diced
- 3 Cups of Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- Salt and White Pepper, to taste
- 1 oz. Crabmeat, ¼ oz. per bowl
- 4 oz. Chives
- 3 oz. Canola or Pure Olive Oil
- Sweat Onions and Celery for 5 minutes on low/medium heat
- Add Corn, sweat for 3 minutes
- Add chicken Stock and Potatoes
- Bring to simmer for 45 minutes.
- Puree in blender and strain though a fine mesh strainer
- Add Cream and season to taste