For foodies looking to elevate their dining experience, L’Auberge Provencales is a must-visit destination. Led by Executive Chef Stephen Burke, our restaurant offers a dining experience that is both refined and comforting, combining the flavors and techniques of classic French cuisine with the freshest local ingredients. When you dine with us, you’ll enjoy dishes that are both beautifully presented and packed with flavor.
One of the highlights of dining at L’Auberge Provencale our team’s focus on seasonal, local ingredients. However, when you can’t be with us in person, you can do your own cooking at home to enjoy a taste of French cuisine in your own home! Start with one of our favorite recipes, Sweet Corn Velouté With Chive Oil and Crabmeat! It’s simple, delicious, and will wow your friends and family. Happy cooking!
- 4 Ears of Corn, shucked and taken off the Cob
- ½ Sweet Onion, small diced
- 3 Ribs of Celery, small diced
- 1 Idaho Potato, medium diced
- 3 Cups of Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- Salt and White Pepper, to taste
- 1 oz. Crabmeat, ¼ oz. per bowl
- 4 oz. Chives
- 3 oz. Canola or Pure Olive Oil
- Sweat Onions and Celery for 5 minutes on low/medium heat
- Add Corn, sweat for 3 minutes
- Add chicken Stock and Potatoes
- Bring to simmer for 45 minutes.
- Puree in blender and strain though a fine mesh strainer
- Add Cream and season to taste
Wine & Dine in Style
When you’re in town or enjoying a getaway at our romantic inn, come dine with us and experience the flavors of our expert team for yourself. From the elegant ambiance to the attentive service, every aspect of our dining experience is designed to provide a memorable meal. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply looking for a night out, L’Auberge Provencale is sure to exceed your expectations. Don’t miss out on the chance to savor the flavors of France right here in Virginia – make your reservation today!