The most wonderful time of the year can be made even better with delicious cocktails! Try our custom drinks, perfect for getting you through the hectic holiday madness with your sanity and a whole lot of fun! Enjoy.
The White Christmas
Sip a delicious drink while snow falls gently outside with this aptly named drink that celebrates the tastes of the holidays. Creamy chocolate and vanilla make for a cocktail that goes down easy and is the perfect complement to Christmas festivities with friends and family.
- 2 oz. vanilla vodka
- 2 oz. white chocolate Godiva liquor
- 1 oz. white crème de cocoa
- 1 oz. half and half.
- Shake, and pour into a martini glass
- Rim with crushed candy cane.
The Pomegranate Margarita
Shake it up with a fruity twist on a classic favorite and surprise guests with a delightful blend of pomegranate and lime juice. A refreshing libation for holiday parties, get-togethers, or quiet evenings spent by the fire.
- 1.5 oz. tequila
- ¾ oz. Cointreau
- ½ oz. pomegranate juice
- ½ oz. lime juice
- ½ oz. maple syrup
- Shake ingredients first.
- Then add ice.
- Shake again with ice then pour over ice on the rocks or in a martini glass. Or put it in a blender and make a frozen drink!
The Drunken Jack Frost
A unique cocktail with a sparkling float that’s sure to make a splash at your next Christmas get-together. The bright and eye-catching blue gives the drink an icy look that perfectly portrays the name.
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 1.5 oz. lemonade
- ¾ oz. blue curacao
- Shake with ice
- Rim glass with candy sugar
- Pour cocktail over ice into glass
- Top with Champagne or sparkling wine.
Hot Mulled Spiked Cider
You can never go wrong with a classic, and there’s nothing quite like a mug of hot cider for cold evenings by the fire. This is one of our favorite holiday drinks here and we love the warm spices like cinnamon and cloves that put the spirit of Christmas in every cup. It’s a distinctly seasonal drink that tastes like nothing else! Making this hot spiked apple cider recipe is incredibly easy: all you need is time! Here are the basic steps:
Toast the spices for a few minutes on the stovetop. This releases their fragrance (and makes your kitchen smell amazing).
List of spices you will need
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole allspice berries
- 2 whole cloves
- Simmer: Add the apple cider, spices, and a few slices of orange and heat until warmed through, about 30 minutes. You can also use a slow cooker or Instant Pot
- Filter: You’ll notice that particulate rises to the top of the cider while it’s cooking. Use a fine-mesh strainer or sieve to strain it off (or you can pour it through a strainer into another pot).
- Spike it: Add the rum or bourbon all at once, or add about 2 ounces to each 1 cup serving. Spiking each drink separately lets you serve both non-alcoholic hot cider and spiked cider at the same time!
- Smokey Twist – add a half-ounce of Islay Scotch or Mezcal Tequila for a smoky overtone.
- Top with an orange slice.
A Holiday Escape
Try these drink recipes at home, then escape the in-laws with a stay at our Virginia bed and breakfast and savor them from the source at our own on-site bar and restaurant! Our romantic Northern Virginia boutique hotel is the perfect home base for all sorts of fun winter activities here in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley and we hope to see you soon!Book Now