Our dinner guests have been raving our Chef Scott Myers selection of scrumptious summer soups!
Winey and Cheesy took the liberty to swipe a recipe from his cook book!
This crowd pleaser is sure to impress your friends and family at the dinner table tonight!
Sweet Corn Velouté
With Chive Oil and Crabmeat
- 4 Ears of Corn, shucked and taken off the Cob
- ½ Sweet Onion, small diced
- 3 Ribs of Celery, small diced
- 1 Idaho Potato, medium diced
- 3 Cups of Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- Salt and White Pepper, to taste
- 1 oz. Crabmeat, ¼ oz. per bowl
- 4 oz. Chives
- 3 oz. Canola or Pure Olive Oil
- Sweat Onions and Celery for 5 minutes on low/medium heat
- Add Corn, sweat for 3 minutes
- Add chicken Stock and Potatoes
- Bring to simmer for 45 minutes.
- Puree in blender and strain though a fine mesh strainer
- Add Cream and season to taste