We all love lists. It helps us get things done and gives us direction. Now that summer is winding down, the kids are back in school, and fall is in the air, it is a great time to visit L’Auberge Provencale in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. Here’s a list of things to do while you visit our bed and breakfast to help you plan the perfect fall getaway.
1. The best time to visit Virginia Wine Country is in the fall, for the wine crush. Visit Linden, Delaplane, Glen Manor, RDV, Fox Meadow, Chateau O’Brien Vineyards, just minutes away.
2. Great hiking at Sky Meadows State Park and the Shenandoah National Park.
3. The 76th running of the Virginia Gold Cup Race at Great Meadows in the Plains, Saturday, October 18th. Tailgate and enjoy a day at the races.
4. The serenity of the Shenandoah River can be enjoyed on a kayak or canoe from the Front Royal Canoe Company.
5. Hannity, Honey Crisp, Golden Delicious and over 100 other varieties of apples are in season in Apple Country at several “pick your own” orchards.
6. See the leaves with a catch of a breath on a tree top zip tour in Harpers Ferry, 20 minutes north of the inn.
7. The Barns of Rose Hill in Berryville, features music of all types, from jazz, bluegrass, rock ‘n’ roll, to country every weekend. Bring your dancing shoes!
8. Throw your bags in the back of the car, pick up a gourmet picnic prepared by our chefs, and enjoy a picnic at the Virginia State Arboretum at Blandy Farm.
9. The Art at the Mill Show in Millwood, with well judged artists works, from oils, to watercolors; wood crafts to potter all on sale and display. And while you are there pick up some freshly ground corn and wheat flours from one of the oldest working mills in the country.