L’Auberge Provençale has been the ideal location for romantic getaways, country weddings, and a respite from city life in the bucolic Shenandoah Valley, Virginia setting. For over 39 years, L’Auberge Provençale, under the leadership of Celeste and Alain Borel, has adapted and continually exceeded the needs of our guests. This continues today with an enhanced cleaning, sanitization and disinfection protocols to ensure our customers’ safety and comfort. From enjoying the fresh country air of our grounds with ample room for social distancing, to the many nearby hikes, excellent golfing, and other outdoor experiences you can safely enjoy some time away. You have been taking care of yourselves at home, so now let us take care of you. Read on for the many changes we have made to allow you to travel and get away with confidence.
Stay Small, Stay Safe
Enhanced Environment Cleaning
The Housekeeping department has always taken the time and care to ensure each room is perfect for the next guest. We take pride in creating a safe, clean and comfortable setting to welcome back our guests, and to that end we have recently improved our hospitality cleaning protocols. Hand washing and sanitizing all touch points of the inn throughout the day is the norm. Other enhanced housekeeping procedures further let you have control over your environment and help us ensure that our environment is safe and clean for all:
- Comprehensive COVID-19 guidance is in place, including providing hand sanitizers and frequent cleaning of high-touch areas using hospital grade disinfectant
- Designated employee to focus on sanitizing, which includes routinely cleaning all frequently touched surfaces throughout the inn
- Disposable wipes so that commonly used surfaces (for example, doorknobs, handrails, tables) can be wiped down and disinfected by employees throughout the day
- Disinfectants used not only meet, but exceed the standard guidelines for COVID-19 as set by the EPA and CDC
- Hand sanitizer in all public areas and at check-in
- Increased cleaning of restrooms and public areas, and providing housekeeping service upon request at check-in or you can choose to forego services
- Self-check in and self-check out procedures are in place
An Intimate & Peaceful Setting
Returning guests tell us that “it is nice to escape, and come back, to a place full of happy memories, knowing we are safe.” L’Auberge Provençale has been a setting for many cherished memories for countless guests. We are ready to welcome you back to make new memories while enjoying the serenity and safety of our country inn. Revel in relaxation with our:
- 10 acres of land with private spaces for picnic lunches
- Chairs in sets of two spread far apart so you can soak up the sun, just the two of you
- Pristine pool available to our guests only
Guest rooms are meticulously cleaned after every guest using hospital grade disinfectant. You can choose to forego housekeeping during your stay or you can choose to have your room cleaned each day.
- All comforters are cleaned after every stay
- We have removed cloth throw pillows from all rooms
- Private entrances for suites
- Each unit has individual AC/Heating
Decadent Dining Indoors, En-Suite, or Al Fresco
There are still many ways to enjoy the unique libations, creative cocktails and amazing fares of our chefs. We are strictly following guidance from the Virginia Department of Health and the CDC, but this still allows a few different ways for you to experience our chefs’ luxurious creations. Our waitstaff will be wearing facemasks and washing hands after each food delivery, but you can tell we welcome you back with our smiling eyes.
- We can deliver breakfast to your room, as well as any other meals from our Curbside Menu for in-room dining
- Dining tables have been set up in most of our rooms and suites
- Bar seating is available with appropriate social distancing in between bar stools
Safe Dining Procedures
- Our main dining rooms and bar are open and tables have been arranged for social distancing. Reservations can be taken for indoor seating. Outdoor seatings available on a first come first serve basis
- The tables on the front porch and patio have been rearranged to accommodate for social distancing, so meals can be enjoyed with both safety and splendid country views
- Wine and beer are also available for delivery (within 12 miles)
- Call us to order from our Curbside Menu. We can also deliver within a 12 mile radius of the Inn (delivery may be limited)
- Picnics, hiking backpacks, and in-room indulgences are available to help you celebrate together
Need to Reschedule Your Wedding?
Please contact us about rescheduling your big day or opting for a smaller option. Also, starting May 15th, 2021 larger weddings will be available again! Our venue is perfect for brides and grooms who want to continue their celebration with the same luxury, but with fewer people and a quicker timeline.
We're Here for You!
Do you have any questions for us or want to chat before booking your stay? Our dedicated staff would love to discuss your upcoming trip with you. Whether it be answering questions about our enhanced cleaning routines or helping you fill your itinerary with fun and safe activities, we’re here for you! Call (540) 837-1375 or email email@example.com to contact us today. Get updates and connect with us on our Facebook page or Instagram page too.
“Simply beautiful. L’Auberge’s villa property is an oasis. Gorgeous pool surrounded by gardens and pastures. Get the repast served by the pool – it has never failed to please… amazing charcuterie board, piping hot soup, beautiful salad, homemade dessert and – of course – wine! Rooms well appointed and the breakfast is over the top fantastic – a gem of a B&B in VA as well as a foodie go to!! (They’ve made it very easy to be distanced and safe during Covid times as well – attention to so many little details without losing the special nature of the place)” – Jennifer Eisenberg, Google
“We had a wonderful two day stay at Auberge, a welcome break from the shelter in place guidelines that have been necessary to keep us all healthy. Their COVID protocols were top notch , and like with past stays, service and food was top notch. We will be back again.” – Christine McEntee, Google