As one of the best places to stay in the Shenandoah Valley, every guest room at our Northern Virginia bed and breakfast has a private bath with L’Auberge Provencale’s custom made quality amenities, complimentary WiFi, European quality linens, French furnishings and artwork. All rooms have views of our gardens, the Blue Ridge Mountains and the beauty of the Shenandoah Valley. Several rooms have fireplaces, luxury aromatherapy steam showers, jetted and soaking tubs, and televisions.
At The Main Inn
|Voltaire||Two||King||Aromatherapy Steam Shower||Sitting room, ground floor La Petit Auberge, gas fireplace, pastoral & mountain views||Check Rates|
|Larousse||Two||King||Aromatherapy Steam Shower||Sitting room, ground floor La Petit Auberge, gas fireplace, pastoral & mountain views||Check Rates|
|Josephine||Two||King||Aromatherapy Steam Shower||Seating area, second floor La Petite Auberge, view of the meadows||Check Rates|
|Pascal||Two||King||Aromatherapy Steam Shower||Seating area, second floor La Petit Auberge, view of the meadows||Check Rates|
|Monet||Two||Queen||Walk-in Shower||Seating area, second floor, fireplace with Duralogs||Check Rates|
|Chagall||Two||King||Tub/Shower Combo||Seating area, second floor, fireplace with Duralogs, pastoral & mountain views||Check Rates|
|Lafayette||Two||King||Aromatherapy Steam Shower||Sitting room, second floor, gas fireplace, private balcony w/ panoramic views||Check Rates|
|Mistral||Two||Queen||Tub/Shower Combo||Sitting Area, Ground Floor Private Entrance, Electric Fireplace Pastoral & Garden Views||Check Rates|
|Renoir||Two||King||Tub/Shower Combo||Seating area, ground floor private entrance, fireplace with Duralogs, pastoral & garden views||Check Rates|
|Coco Chanel||Two||Queen||Tub/Shower Combo||Sitting Area, Ground Floor Private Entrance, Electric Fireplace, Orchard & Meadow Views||Check Rates|
|Van Gogh||Two||King||Jetted Tub||Sitting room, ground floor private entrance, fireplace with Duralogs, garden & orchard views||Check Rates|
At the Villa
|Marie Antoinette||Two||Queen||Clawfoot Tub||Seating area, second floor, electric fireplace, meadow & garden views||Check Rates|
|Matisse||Two||King||Aromatherapy Steam Shower||Sitting room, second floor, electric fireplace, meadow views||Check Rates|
|Louis XIV||Two||King||Aromatherapy Steam Shower||Sitting room, second floor, pool & meadow views||Check Rates|
In Room Amenities
- Individual cooling and heat
- Luxury European quality linens
- Keurig coffee machines
- Bottled water, coffee and tea
- Complimentary Wi-Fi & USB charging ports
- Private bathrooms
- Fluffy terry bath robes
- Custom made bath amenities
- TV with DVD
- Hair dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- Daily breakfast
- Afternoon refreshments
- Complimentary non-alcoholic drinks
- Outdoor pool at the Villa La Campagnette
- Gorgeous gardens and grounds
- On-site restaurant
- On-site bar & lounge
- Meeting and event space available
- Library with games and books
- French furnishings and fine art
- Complimentary parking
- Tesla charging stations available (2)
L’Auberge Provencale, located in White Post, Virginia in the Shenandoah Valley, warmly welcomes all guests. However, due to the historic significance of our 1783 Main Manor House, the Inn is not wheelchair accessible. Removal of necessary physical barriers for complete accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the historic significance of the property.
The physical barriers include the following:
- The walkway from the parking area to the property entrance has topography changes.
- The Inn is elevated and the navigation of steps is required to enter the property.
- Due to the historic nature of the building, the interior structure includes narrow hallways and doorways that do not accommodate a wheelchair.
- There is no elevator.
- No rooms include a roll-in shower.
So all guests can enjoy L’Auberge Provencale significant steps have been taken to remove barriers where possible at our property and our efforts are ongoing. We offer the following for those with with limited disabilities which do not require the use of a wheelchair:
- Our ground floor rooms are suitable for those with limited disabilities that do not require the use of a wheelchair. Assistance is available to help with the navigation of 2 steps to the entrance of the ground floor rooms. The ground floor rooms include standard door frames and private ensuite private baths which includes step-in showers or shower/tub combinations.
- La Table Provencal is accessible and includes an accessible bathroom.
- With 24 hour notice, we can also accommodate special diets including vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, low-carb and low-fat.
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit L’Auberge Provencale can do so, regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA:
- It is our standard operating procedure that individuals with disabilities be able to make reservations for an accessible accommodation during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need an accessible room.
- We have identified and described accessible features as well as physical barriers with enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether a given guest room or cottage meets their accessibility needs.
- It is our standard operating procedure to ensure that our accessible guest room option is held for use by individuals with disabilities. However, we protect our clients’ right to privacy of disclosure.
- We guarantee that an accessible guest room, once reserved, is held for the reserving customer and is removed from all reservation systems. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to ensure that an accessible room is available through at least some of these services and that information concerning the accessibility of the room is included on their reservation platform.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs will be provided access to all areas of the inn where members of the public are allowed to go.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at 540-837-1375 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us email@example.com or call us at 540-837-1375 with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.
A one evening restaurant reservation is required with a Friday or Saturday night weekend stay. Please call (540) 837-1375 for seating times and reservations.
As a moderate size inn, cancellations affect us greatly. All reservations require a one-night deposit inclusive of applicable taxes per room at the time of booking. The rates are quoted for two people and can vary according to the day of the week and the season. Preapproved gift certificates will be applied to your final balance.
- Your deposit minus the $75 cancellation/refund fee will be returned up to 14 days prior to your scheduled arrival date.
- Beyond 14 days and up to eight days prior to your scheduled arrival, the reservation can be moved, or a voucher provided for the deposit amount with the cancellation fee applied.
- Cancellations made within 7 days or arrival will not be refunded and if you choose to cancel 72 hours or less from your arrival date you are responsible for the full amount of the reservation, there are no refunds, and the reservation cannot be moved to another date. The full amount of the reservation will be charged and is nonrefundable.
Please note, you must receive an email confirming cancellation from firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered valid.
There are no exceptions to our policies. We offer travel protection at $35 per night per room reservation, and we urge you to consider insuring your stay if you have any doubt about your ability to travel.
No shows are responsible for the full reservation amount. We cannot offer refunds or adjust your bill for early departures.
Group bookings (3+ rooms) require a 50% deposit for the entire stay payable by credit card and have a 14-day cancellation period, no exceptions, with a cancellation fee of 10% of the entire cost of your reservation, deducted from your refunded deposit. Balance is due 10 days before arrival.
Cancellation of Packages, Indulgences, and Services
Packages, Indulgences, and Services must be canceled 72 hours prior to your arrival, or you will be charged the full amount. Services include but are not limited to beverages, flowers, spa services, picnics, in-room dining, etc.
Cancellation of In-Room Massages
A $25 cancellation fee will be charged for each cancelled massage or service after it has been confirmed with the massage therapist(s). Cancellations made within 72 hours of scheduled service will be charged the full amount for any massage booked.
We welcome children 8 years of age and older to the Inn for overnight stays and to the restaurant for dining.
No pets please, you may use ours. The owner’s pups, Finnigan & Grace, may come out and greet you if you’re staying at our Villa property. If you have any questions about any of the animals in residence at the Villa please feel free to give us a call! A service animal, as acknowledged by the Americans with Disabilities act, is welcome to accompany their owner while staying at the Inn. Service animals must be crated in room when guests are away from the room.
Fireplaces & Swimming Pool
Wood burning fireplaces are available only from October 31st through February 28th.
Our pool is open seasonally (Memorial Day to mid October) and is located at the Villa la Campagnette and is available to all overnight guests.
Swimming Pool Hours: dawn to dusk
L’Auberge Provencale is a smoke-free facility and property. All rooms are smoke free and smoking is permitted only outside and with other guests in mind. If windows and doors are open and the smoke gets in to the rooms or dining rooms a cleaning fee of one nights accommodations will be charged.
Any damage caused by guests to the property, inside or outside of your room, such as carpet stains, soiled furnishings, broken windows, lamps, appliances, will be billed to the guest and applied to the credit card on file.
Forgotten Personal Property
If any personal items are forgotten, please contact the Inn to request their return. Shipping fees will be charged to your credit card on file. Items will be held for 30 days then donated to charity.
Prices & Services Subject to Change
We are constantly expanding the services we offer to our guests. Although we make every effort to keep our website updated, please note that prices and services are subject to change at any time. We reserve the right to refuse service at any time, to anyone, for any reason.
For questions or additional information, please contact us at (540) 837-1375.