The fall season is a wonderful time to get away and experience a new place (or one you love and wish to return to)! Shenandoah Valley is the perfect place. Take in the gorgeous scenery, the cooler weather, the slow change in the season, and of course, activities and attractions that entertain all those looking for a fun and magical Virginia fall experience. Whether your idea of experiencing fall includes art, wine, food, outdoor fun, or all of the above, we have it in Virginia! Here’s a taste of what you have to look forward to.
- The Festival of Leaves in Front Royal – This fall festival will be October 14, 2017, 9:00am to 6:00pm. Come on out, rain or shine, and enjoy historical displays, arts and crafts, vendors, concessions, live entertainment, and more, all in downtown Front Royal. Be sure to also visit Heritage Square on the Warren Heritage Society grounds for special demonstrations on history and unique craft sales.
- Wine Crushing – Embrace your childlike spirit and get dirty with some good old fashioned wine crushing. There are many wonderful vineyards and wineries near us that offer this kind of carefree fun. Not only that, but you can also savor a fall beverage or two and try something local, authentic, and delicious in Virginia Wine Country.
- The International Gold Cup – Lovers of horses, competition, sports, and adventure, mark your calendars and come out on October 28, 2017 in The Plains. Tailgating at the Virginia Gold Cup is always a lot of fun. Tailgates each have their own unique themes, decorations, and food and drink. You can reserve tailgating spots if you’d like. There will also be a hat competition for the most popular hat! And of course, watching the actual race will be a thrill! If you have never seen a horse race at this level, it is an absolute must and an experience you won’t soon forget! Purchase tickets.
- Art at the Mill – Just minutes away from the inn you will find Art at the Mill, September 30 through October 15. Each year the Burwell-Morgan Mill in Millwood transforms into an art gallery. Come see it for yourself and enjoy the work of nearly 300 artists displaying over 1,000 unique pieces! There will be oil paintings, other painting, mixed-media, sculpture, woodworking, and pottery. There is something for everyone.
- Visit the Pumpkin Patch – At Hill High Farm in Winchester, just 15 minutes away from the inn, you can enjoy the beauty of fall orchards with pumpkins, fresh fruit, and other local produce. You can also check out Marker-Miller Orchards, Rinker Orchards, and Mackintosh Fruit Farm. All of which are very popular around the fall season!
Now all that’s left to do is take some time off of work and your everyday responsibilities, choose your favorite room at our Shenandoah Valley bed and breakfast, and start enjoying the fall getaway you deserve!