When I was growing up my mother told me to think of things I was grateful for during Thanksgiving. So this year I am thankful for many things here at L’Auberge Provencale.
1. Thankful for the wonderful housekeeping staff that has been with us for many years, who love to see things sparkle.
2. This beautiful fall weather we have been experiencing thus far; crisp days and brilliant nights.
3. A well stocked, and eclectic selection of wines in the cellar dating back to a bottle of 1905 Madeira and a cozy salon and restaurant in which to enjoy them in.
4. A talented and hard working restaurant staff that always strives for perfection.
5. Thankful for such loving and caring parents; Celeste and Alain Borel, the backbone of L’Auberge Provencale.
6. For our little corner of Provence in the heart of Virginia, with the Blueridge Mountains as its backdrop.
7. Being surrounded by such a concentration of passionate vintners, in the heart of the Northern Virginia Wine Region.
8. For having the Virginia State Arboretum and all its beautiful grounds just two minutes away.
9. For the health and happiness of our children and families.
10. And for Noel, the office cat.