Chase away winter blues here at L’Auberge Provencale! We are much like you and are waiting anxiously for the first sign of spring in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. But in the meantime we have long understood winter can be celebrated for it’s solitude and simple pleasures. So in that spirit here are 5 things we can recommend to make the best of the season.
1. Slip under the covers into clean and warm sheets. Snuggle up with your loved one and take the time to have a quiet conversation and just enjoy the moment. Revel in the warmth of the fireplace and it’s touch of romance as you drift off into a winter slumber.
2. Indulge in a couples massage in your guest room. Our massage therapist will ease away the stress of the season with quiet and soothing full body massage.
3. Indulge in a couples massage in your guest room. Our massage therapist will ease away the stress of the season with quiet and soothing full body massage.
4. There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing. So pull on your winter woollies and take a hike in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. Hiking will reduce stress, and promotes physical and emotional well being and as a bonus works up an appetite for one of our world class dinners prepared by Executive Chef Ryan Ratino and his team.
5. Let us get the fire pit stoked up and enjoy s’mores and a hot beverage out in the backyard of L’Auberge Provencale and watch the sunset over the beautiful the Blue Ridge Mountains.
6. Visit one of our local wineries. Winter is a great time to see the terroir of the vineyards and enjoy a quiet, more personable experience with the vineyard staff.
Just in case, if the snow is falling, you can always join Bernadette for a romp in the snow!